Friday 9 December 2011

Weather Exaggeration.

I felt I had to write something about yesterdays severe weather here in Scotland. First of all, the weather was very severe with high winds and driving rain. However, that is all it was, severe. There was some damage, but that is expected with gale force wind, and a substantial number of homes are still without electricity. My point is, the way the BBC reported the weather yesterday. we were being lead to believe that something on a par with hurricane Katrina was heading our way, when in actual fact, the wind was nowhere near as strong. The highest gust of wind was measured at 91 miles per hour on the Hebridean Island of Tiree. We were being told that there was a wind speed on the mainland of "up to 165 MPH." In actual fact the highest speed was measured at 69 MPH near Glasgow to 77 MPH near Stirling. I have noticed in recent months that BBC reporters have been using exaggerated language when reporting a number of stories. Everything is either "mega" "massive" "awesome" etc. The weather reporting is especially prone to that kind of adjective. The phrase "global warming" is being touted about at various times. Does the BBC and the other mainstream media outlets still believe the rubbish that the only cause of global warming is we humans? We are being lead to believe that the Sun is playing little or no part in it. The planet has been in existence for eons and the climate has changed constantly throughout its existence, most of it before we even appeared. What makes them think that we are so dangerous that the planets very existence is in mortal danger from us? The truth is, that they don't. We are being conned into parting with yet more of our hard earned cash to pay what is basically, a carbon tax. A tax on breathing out. I'm not for one minute, saying that the likes of re-cycling and conservation and renewable electricity are bad things. They are the only sensible things to come out of all this war on carbon. My point is that the mainstream media is colluding with big business and governments to brainwash us into blindly accepting everything they say as fact, when in actual fact, very little they say is fact. I have researched the subject and I am now what I call, a human caused global warming sceptic. I urge all who read this to do a bit of research also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your work in your page, you are contributing with spectacular things! This web page is very enlightening!
I´m Andreia, from New Jersey, and I will be a fan of this web page, My interests may be boring but I say them anyway I like online poker as well as sports in general, and I also listen a lot Radiohead on my bedroom, I´m single at the moment so boys watch out for me....just kidding :)! I once tried online dating it didn´t work out very well....
I made this comment cause as I already said I really enjoy this web site I also have a board just as you, but mine is vey different from this, it is about playing poker with real money for free....:)
I will also apologize for my writting it was the only way I found to talk with you guys....Bye to everybody, Bye bye