Wednesday 5 September 2012

Britain’s Global Legacy of Conflict - David Icke Website

Britain’s Global Legacy of Conflict - David Icke Website: Britain’s Global Legacy of Conflict.
It's amazing to think that when I was at school all those years ago my favorite subject was history, although I wasn't taught too much Scottish history. It was mostly the history of England and then the British empire. We were fed a diet of "the empire was the driving force for good in the world and the countries we ruled gained untold benefits." After leaving school but still with an avid interest in all things historical that I did some further reading on the Great British empire and found to my horror that not very many people actually liked us, in fact most of the populations of the countries we occupied hated the very sight of us. The more I read the more I understood why. Exploitation on a grand scale was one thing, reducing the population to abject poverty was another. my conclusions were that the British empire was the exact same as every other empire that had ever existed, evil.
Till next time.

No comments: